The Governing Council of the Lagos State University, LASU has now request for application from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the appointment of the 9th substantive Vice Chancellor.
Recall that the selection of the new VC had rocked the boat due to lack of due process from the last Governing Council.
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Application accompanied with detailed recent Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following:
- Full Name.
- Place and Date of Birth.
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children.
- Academic qualifications with dates (degree with classes; copies of certificates to be enclosed).
- University Teaching and Research Experience, University Administrative, Managerial and Leadership Experience with dates.
- Academic distinctions viz:
Grants, awards and scholarships;
PhD candidate supervision;
Recognition by national and international professional bodies/fellowships.
- Membership of Academic AND Professional Bodies. Scholarly Publications (well referenced and listed in chronological order)
- Vision for the University in the next five (5) years [NOT more than 5,000 words or a minimum of 1000 words].
- Contribution to University and funds attracted through donations and endowments.
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidates standing and abilities academically and managerially, as well as morals, character and integrity. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to the Acting Registrar, a confidential report, in a properly sealed envelope marked “Reference / Post of Vice Chancellor” at the top left hand corner of the envelope, to reach the Acting Registrar on or before the, deadline for submission of application.
All applications are to be submitted under Confidential Cover, with the envelope marked “Post of Vice Chancellor, LASU” sealed AND addressed to:
The Pro Chancellor AND Chairman, Governing Council,
Lagos State University,
P. M. B. 0001, LASU Post Office,
Lagos – Badagry Expressway,
Ojo, Lagos State.
The Acting Registrar AND Secretary to Council,
Registrar’s Office, 5th Floor,
Babatunde Raji Fashola Senate Building,
Lagos State University, Ojo